Thursday 30 April 2015

Base Routine: High Street and Budget Brands

'iya

Incase you were wondering how I do my base/skin makeup (I know you probably weren't), here's a step by step of how I paint my face:


1. Moisturiser

Not going to bother explaining how to moisturise...

2. Foundation

Usually, I pump the foundation onto the back of my hand (using around 1-and-a-half pumps). Using my fingers, I blob this around my face then using an angled face brush, I buff the foundation into my skin using circular motions.

3. Concealer

Using one of the concealers shown, I conceal under my eyes, the creases of my nose, the high-points of my chin, my nose and the middle of my forehead.
Note: Use a light concealer to also act as a highlighter.


4. Contour/Bronzer

Next, I press the bristles of my bronzing brush, like a pencil, to create a thinner and more precise tip. I then use the bronzer to contour my cheekbones, my nose, under my lower-lip, my upper forehead (near the hairline), and my jawline.


5. Blusher

Using the same brush - so the colours blend more easily - I apply blusher in circular motions on the apples of my cheeks, on my cheekbones and up towards the temples. 


6. Concealer

Using a stick concealer, I then highlight my face. I apply this under the bronzer on my cheekbones - for a more defined line - down the middle of my nose and up to the middle of my forehead - in the shape of a tree - under my eyes in triangles, and on the high point of my chin.

7. Blend

To blend the products together I use a sponge.


8. Highlighter

After blending, I apply highlighter down the middle of my nose, to my lower-middle forehead, above the blusher applied to my cheekbones, and on my chin.


9. Powder - all over to blend

To tone the shimmer of the highlighter slightly, to blend further, and to set my makeup in place I apply powder all over.

10. Highlighter 

When everything else is done, I usually apply the shimmer highlighter to my cupid's bow ready to apply lipstick.

Products used:


Moisturiser: 
No7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream

Foundation: 
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (103 True Ivory)
W7 Face Blender Brush

Concealer: 
Natural Collection Cover-up Cream (Fair)

Bronzer: 
MUA Bronzed Perfection

Blusher: 
Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks (Sweet Cheeks)

Stick Concealer: 
MUA Hide and Conceal Cover-up Stick (Light)
Boots Soft Cosmetic Sponge Wedges

Highlighter: 
MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter (Iridescent Gold)
MUA F11 Brush

Powder: 
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (001 Transparent)

Ciao
x



7 comments:

  1. Your skin looks amazing even without make-up. I've picked up some great contour tips that I never knew before so thanks!x

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at so many contour-tutorials for prom and this post was the most helpful to me. Especially since you use affordable products and you have fair skin like me.


    P.S: Your make-up always looks flawless!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I helped! I don't think you need expensive brands to achieve the finished look you're going for x

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear I helped! I don't think you need expensive brands to achieve the finished look you're going for x

      Delete
  3. Your makeup looks fab!

    www.justanothergirlonlinex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeup looks fab!

    www.justanothergirlonlinex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete